Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
We encourage all eligible parents/carers to apply for a Free School Meal Allowance for appropriate members of their family. There is no stigma attached to taking a free school meal, the meals are healthy and varied and the token system has now been replaced by a “cashless” system which operates in the same way for all pupils.
You may qualify for free school meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
- income support
- income based jobseeker’s allowance
- income related employment support allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- child tax credit, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- guarantee element of state pension credit
Students who are entitled to the Free School Meal Allowance will also be entitled to a 50% discount on school trips (up to the value of £50). Registering a child for free school meals will bring more money to the school.
To find out more visit the Contact Centre in the Idlewells Library or telephone Nottinghamshire County Council on 01623 433433. Applications can be made through Nottinghamshire County Council by telephoning 01623 433009.
More information is available at:
(All the information outlined above is believed to be correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change at any time)