The details below are correct at 25th August 2020. Please check the weblink by clicking here for the very latest information.
Once you have read this information, if you believe that your child may have Covid-19 please follow the information on the website and also contact the school to discuss this with us.
If your child or someone in your household shows any of the symptoms of Coronavirus they must not come to school.
It is important to check if the symptoms match closely to those directly relating to coronavirus. To check if you or your child may have coronavirus symptoms, visit this site:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your immediate support bubble (this is not the same as the bubble you are in at school), must also stay at home until you get your result.