Sutton Community Academy is a Community Academy for students aged 11-18. The Academy has a commitment to developing the potential of each individual child by striving for academic success; by valuing and encouraging the special talents of all children; by looking to educate the whole child in a wide range of personal skills; and by providing good discipline based on a firm, consistent and supportive system of pastoral care.
The Academy is part of the Academy Transformation Trust who are a leading multi academy trust committed to transforming the learning opportunities and aspirations for its students and the communities in which they live. The Academy Transformation Trust believe that by embracing the 7 Nolan principles of public life that we can transform lives. We are committed to playing our part in giving young people the education and opportunities they need to succeed in a changing world.
Commitment to our students
The students in our academy are our highest priority. We need to demonstrate our pledge to them, to support them to achieve and be able to access life opportunities.
This means that our vision of transforming lives includes:
- Creating a culture of high expectations, raising of standards and improving the core skills of all students
- Having a clear sense of purpose with students who are given the drive and ambition to succeed
- Teachers trained to bring out the best in every student
- Using experts from our Trust to support rapid progress and implementing improvement plans where needed
- A firm emphasis on good behaviour so that the environment we provide is calm and orderly for all students and our staff
- High expectations of smart uniform, attendance, punctuality and excellent manners.
Our students and communities are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to:
- maximise community use of our facilities; ensuring that they benefit the local community, our students and staff and help improve their quality of life
- increase and improve the quality of sporting and physical activity opportunities for the local community, our students and staff
- provide opportunities for local people and sporting organisations to participate in high quality sport and physical activity and develop their skills and abilities
- support community groups in helping to raise standards of coaching, training and volunteering
- work with the right people in order to maximise all potential resources available so we can ensure the continued development of our sporting and community facilities.
New leadership and new vision are ensuring that our students are successful, confident and ambitious. I hope that this gives you a flavour of what we are all about at Sutton Community Academy.